Yesterday was our first day of work and you know how we attract bad weather. We had the worst storm I have seen on Long Island. It broke off the flagpole at the office and I saw 6 trailers with their awnings wrapped over their roofs. Several tents had rivers flowing through them. Sorry I didn't get any pictures.
What Else Happened Last Winter?
In October we went flew to San Fransisco for Sees Candy training. We managed a kiosk in the Chesterfield Mall from mid Nov. until the day after Christmas. It was a challenge but fun and paid well. You should have seen my bosses face the first time she came to visit when we walked into the store room and I had left the safe wide open. She couldn't talk for a couple of minutes so I offered her my keys and told her I would just go home. But at the time she needed me worse than I need them. I made it through the rest of the season with out being caught again even though Linda caught me doing it again. I think it is a form of CRS.
In February we were invited back to San Francisco for the Seasonal wrap up meeting. They said they wanted our input but I don't think they really wanted our input (pretty much like our congress). But we did get a free trip to San Fran and made it up to Reno to visit old friends.
My Rant of the Day
I have decided to add this section, it will contain my political rant of the day. I know many of you will think I am crazy but I fear that unless the American People wake up to the laws that are quietly making their way through congress my grandchildren will live in a socialist state that tells them what to think, what they can have, where they have to work and on and on.
Yesterday the Cap and Trade bill passed in the house. Why does such an open administration have to rush a 3000 plus page bill through the congress before anyone has a chance to read it including the members of the house voting on it. You can read the highlights of this bill and what it is likely to mean to you here:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/06/26/obamas-tax-increase-americans/
I urge everyone to read this article. I grant you that this is just one point of view but there seems to be no debate that the cost of energy is going up. The debate is how much more, I suggest that you do some critical thinking and research and come to your own conclusion. There is still time to stop you need to write, call, and email your senators and tell them to vote no.
It is a sad commentary on our society when there is non-stop coverage of the death of Micheal Jackson and you are had pressed to find a newscast that even mentions a bill that could change standard of living forever.
2 comments:
I have known you a long time. It has always rained when ever I saw you. I had never put 2 and 2 together but....
Captain KennyG
Ya, to "prevent" warming on a planet that has been cooling since 1999.
www.climatedepot.com
Post a Comment