Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kayaking with the Manatee

The time is going fast here as the days all run together and the weeks fly by. Last Monday we took a walk along the beach and I got this picture of my beautiful wife with some old wrinkled guy she ran into.
After the walk we went to the Riverside for a couple of beers and lunch. I got on-line and found that Southfloridadines.com had discounts much like groupon, so we bought one and saved enough to pay for our beers - big deal.
I am not sure what days we did what the rest of the week, but we did kayak with the manatee one day. As you can see here Linda is heading for one and below are a couple of manatee just out of paddle reach. We also saw a porpoise swim by but was not fast enough to get a good picture. I was out in the lagoon drifting when the wind pushed me next to a manatee and before my boat drifted on top of it I touched it with my paddle. It's tail cam out of the water right next to me and I got soaked. Linda says you should have seem my face!

After kayaking went drove to Fort Pierce for happy hour and dinner with our friends Clyde and Mary. There daughter and granddaughter are here visiting we had a good time.
Friday we got together with our friends Tom & Jan. for lunch. We went to a good pizza place over on A1A. Saturday we went back to the Ft. Pierce market and to Church that evening. the Pastory wished a man Happy birthday. His birthday was yesterday Feb 20. he was 85. Pastor also said his fathers birthday was yesterday he would have been 100 and a niece had the same birthday. After service we had to tell him it was also my grandfather's, mother's, son's and granddaughter's Birthday. We also learned that a couple form our church back home is here in town visiting their son. It's a small world.


Sunday Tom and Jan came to our place for lunch and then we went do the Seal Museum. It was very interesting and I am grateful that we have such brave men that are willing to die for our freedom.


Above is a sniper rifle like the one used to take out the Somali Pirates that were holding the captain of the Maersk Alabama for ransom.
This is the actual life boat where the captain was being held. You can see the hole in the window from the sniper fire. How the hell did the get all three at the same time? I don't think we know the whole story.




No comments: