Thursday, March 10, 2011
Leaving For Home Soon
Not much exciting has happened since our last post. We took several long bike rides and shopped at several of the local thrift stores, always finding deals we can't live without. Like a cappuccino machine, electric knife, and wick-a-way shirts. We took a couple of walks on the beach but the wind was really strong and blowing the Man-o-war on to the beach. I purchased a fishing license and new pole in hopes of doing some ocean fishing but with the strong winds I never got to go. I did fish in the inter-coastal-waterway a couple of times and caught some catfish and a small sting ray. Unfortunately I did not have the camera. A young guy in a kayak caught a 6lb red fish close to where I was fishing. Linda didn't want to stay around she is afraid of alligators. I thought her fears were unfounded until a ranger told me to be careful because they saw a 6 ft gator there last week. Below are some pictures that we took since our last post. We will be leaving here in two days heading slowly home.
How many people does it take to work on a truck? A whole campground!
Going-away party for Patty and Howard before they went back to Michigan. Below Linda and our friend Mary at the Dockside.

Here are pictures of the Man-O-War that were washing up on the beach.

We thought we found a space craft on the beach.
Monday we took our friends from home Rob and Dixie Bannitt kayaking over at Round Island. Below you can see a manatee close to Dixie. They also saw a dolphin swim by.

Here I am at a little Vero Beach city park on Indian River. The neighbors in the campground said this would be a good place to fish so we thought we would check it out on our bike ride over the route 60 bridge.
View from the top of the Bridge. The trip from the campground across the bridge to Veterans Memorial Island including the stop at the city park and one at the Dockside and one for ice cream on the way home was around 18 miles and took 4 or 5 hours.

If you look close you can see the dorsal fin of a dolphin. There was a pod of dolphins playing just off shore.
Look we rode over that. Linda with neighbors Kathy and Bob.
Flag and walkway to the Veterans Memorial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment