Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Whats Happening at ELIK

We really didn't do too much last weekend. We road bikes for a while on Saturday and Sunday we had dinner with our neighbors. It was kind of nice to just relax. I have a second job right now. The owner had his electrician install cable to all of the campsites but they were having trouble getting it to work. I told the electrician I could design a system that would work for him but it wasn't a $10 an hour job. He said he would take care of me so we will see. Our friends Dale and Marilyn Miller are coming for a visit this weekend. We should have pictures next week.

Stories from Last Winter Continued
After I ripped the rear end off of the trailer Linda was ready to turn around and head home. But another couple passing by the filling station heard the collision and stopped because they thought they hit something. He helped me push the cap back on and secure it with a couple of screws and we were on our way. The next day we met Sonny and Linda in Huntsville, TX and stayed with them at the Elks club. We left there the next day an headed for Rockport, TX a town just north of Corpus Cristy. We spent about 10 days there at a couple of different campgrounds. It wasn't too exciting. We did some geocaching, bike riding, and exploring. Sonny and Linda took a road trip to Brownsville and McAllen to go to a few Ropas. Since we had been to them before we stayed Rockport and went to a state park and rode bikes. I managed to lose our new digital camera after taking some bird pictures.


Rant of the Week

What is this country coming to. As Linda says, "For the first time in my adult life I am scared of where this country is headed." I have just finished Glenn Becks new book "Common Sense" and recommend it. I also challenge you to watch his TV program for just one week and then tell I am over reacting. Here is a story I was led to from his web site. Hard to believe.

"Tea Party Banned From the 4th of July Parade
Thursday 07-09-2009 8:17am ET

As we informed you this week, the RI Tea Party float in the Bristol Fourth of July Parade was a HUGE success, with people in the crowd showing overwhelming support and enthusiasm for our cause. Although we expected a positive reception, the response of the parade watchers was beyond our wildest imaginations. We were proud to represent the freedom loving people of Rhode Island to celebrate our country's Independence!

Today, we received news from the Bristol Parade Committee that the RI Tea Party is to NEVER apply to appear in the Bristol Parade again. We were told unequivocally that our group was "horrible", "not to waste the stamp to send in an application in the future", and that the Committee never wanted "those people" of the RI Tea Party to participate in the parade in the first place.


Why would the Bristol Parade Committee have such a negative response to our float when the crowd was so overwhelmingly positive? We are told it is because some members of the RI Tea Party passed out US Constitutions to the crowd. Apparently passing out the US Constitution on Independence Day is an egregious violation of parade rules. This is despite the fact that other floats passed out solicitations for their businesses, which is against the Parade guidelines, and these businesses have NOT been told that they are banned from participating in the future.

This clear discrimination by the Parade Committee was also evident as the RI Tea Party was rejected for sound on the float and was told the morning of the Parade by one of the parade committee inspectors that she "never heard of someone being rejected for sound" before and they were "probably afraid you would say something politically incorrect."

We encourage you to contact the Bristol Parade Committee at 401 480-1608 (Jim Tavares) or by mail to the Bristol Fourth of July Committee, P.O. Box 561, Bristol, RI 02809, and let them know how you feel about their discriminatory behavior towards a group which represents Liberty, particularly in celebration of an event dedicated to our country's freedom. Letters to the editor of the Bristol Phoenix can be written to Scott Pickering, at
spickering@eastbaynewspapers.com . Letters to the editor of the Providence Journal can be sent to letters@projo.com.

They will not squelch our voices! We have only just begun!

Yours in Liberty,


Marina Peterson

RI Tea Party"


You can see pictures of their float at http://www.whjjam.com/pages/helen.html

You can read the transcript or listen to Glenn's conversation with this lady here http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/196/27838/?ck=1

I also recommend the following
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/27840/?ck=1
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/27912/?ck=1



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hire me as your contractor and I'll get you $75/hr for your electrical ideas. Of course you'll only net $37.50 but I'm worth it.
Captain KennyG

Unknown said...

What do you mean working 2 jobs? Didn't I train you better than that?
You'll have to talk to my Rabbi.

Captain KennyG